Benefits of text marketing
SMS Marketing is a powerful restaurant marketing tool for any type of business, as it allows customers and target audiences to be reached quickly with minimal investment.
Most people in the world have a mobile phone, since there are about 7 billion devices in the world. This means that more and more companies are adding the SMS in the communication channels with their clients and other interest groups.
What is SMS marketing?
As its name indicates the SMS marketing is the use of text messages (SMS) with marketing objectives to those who have authorized to receive this type of messages from the company. For sending it is usually necessary to have an SMS application, a marketing agency can work in building a hole SMS marketing strategy specific for your business.
One of the success factors in digital marketing is relevance, which is why its consider that the most effective use of SMS marketing is for important transactional messages and alerts, although it can also be used sporadically to inform about offers and promotions, specially as a tool of local SEO for restaurants; the promotion through SMS doesn’t replace any of other types of promotion through social media for restaurants.
Benefits of SMS marketingThe main benefits of SMS marketing are:
- Powerful: SMS does not need a data network to reach its receiver, which significantly increases their reach. It is important to note that many of the mobile phone plans in Latin America and Spain come with free text messages (SMS).
- High open rate: SMS unlike other digital channels have a high open rate, some studies show that more than 90% of text messages (SMS) are opened.
- Measurable: SMS marketing strategies can be easily measured to be able to measure its effectiveness.
- Low cost strategy: SMS marketing can be adopted by companies of all sizes due to its low cost of implementation and high return on investment (ROI).
- It generates trust in the customer: many of the uses of the SMS such as: purchase confirmation, order status and delivery of relevant information, provides confidence, security and proximity to the consumer.
- Personalized information: the text message (SMS) sending strategy allows you to personalize the messages, calling the customer by name and sending information of interest to him.
- It complements the email marketing strategy: although email marketing and SMS marketing have important differences, they are usually very effective when working together.