US visa for work
American L visa is an American nonimmigrant visa for work purposes in the United States that allows you to work and live in this country temporarily, are available to members, senior executives or employees of a multinational company based in the two countries, or who intend to open a new office in the United States keeping the parent company in their home country.
There are 2 types of L1 American visa:
- American Visa L1-A: It is the visa for the partners, senior executives and managers of the company, it has a maximum duration of 7 years.
- American Visa L1-B: This visa is for professionals who have specialized knowledge, has a maximum duration of 5 years.
Main requirements for obtaining the L-1A American visa
- The person requesting it must have worked in the company for a minimum period of one year within the last 3 years.
- The company must be a real company. In other words, the company must have payroll employees, demonstrable billing, an established place of operation, payment of taxes, advertising, etc.
- There must be a branch of the company in the United States. If it is a company that so far is going to start operations in that country, at least the American company must be established, open a bank account and have an office.
- The company must own at least 51% of the shares of American society. Procedures
- For L1A American visas, each person must take its US visa application, and be approved individually by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- There is a procedure called Blanket petition for employers who hire a large number of people who transfer each year.
- The first thing is to process the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) I-129 form.
- Submit the relevant documents to the US visa appointment, proving that both companies, the United States and the foreign country, are subsidiaries or subsidiaries.
- The approval of form I-129 is given by the USCIS through a statement on form I-797. With this approved format it can be applied to the US consulate. (This does not guarantee that the visa will be granted).
- Duly fill out the form for the visa application. DS-156