What is local SEO?
What is local SEO for restaurants and why local search is important
Local search engine optimization is a branch of SEO positioning that focuses on the optimization of a website that is found in local search results.
Local customers rely on the internet to find information about the products or services they need, so it is time to take it seriously and gain visibility on the search results pages.
A local search covers all those search terms, such as:
- lawyers near me
- management near me
- restaurants in (city name)
- painters in (city name)
SEO for my restaurant is a strategic process that focuses on emphasizing the optimization efforts of local brick-and-mortar businesses, that is, those that have the physical store as the sole protagonist of their commercial offer.
Why is local search important?
Here are some statistics that show how important local search is for businesses:
- 50% of people who did a local search on their phone, visited a physical store in one day.
- 34% of those who did their search on a PC or tablet, did the same.
- 18% of local mobile searches lead to a sale within one day.
- 60% of the adult population searches for local services or product information on smartphones and tablets.
- 78% of local searches on a smartphone end in purchases made offline.
- 71% of people look for the location of a business to confirm its existence before going to visit it for the first time.
- 1 of every 3 searches on a smartphone was performed just before arriving at a store.
- 97% of consumers searched for local businesses online in 2017, and 12% looked for a local business online every day.
- The online shopping driver is convenience (convenience, convenience, time savings ...) followed by offer, rather than price.
- 1 out of 4 customers are defined as ROPO: they are informed online and purchased in a physical store.
Who benefits from local SEO and why?
Agencies When someone needs the services of an agency, the most common thing is that the search is "agency near" or "agency near me." Most people want to find a close agency for the convenience that comes with being able to bring their papers quickly.
Dealers In most cases the potential customer has a brand in the "top of mind". However, it is usual to perform a search to find “dealers in (city name)”. For the buyer, the proximity to their home is a highly decisive factor due to the importance of post-sale services.
Restaurants. These businesses achieve the greatest benefit of local SEO by the immediacy of customer reviews and local address information that prevail on search engine results pages (SERPs) as also a Google my business for restaurants position.